Thursday, April 14, 2011

Meal of the Week 4: Spinach Quiche

Brinner! Everyone, at least in my house, LOVES brinner. I try not to fix it too often because then we get spoiled, but for the last two weeks brinner has just been on my mind. Last week it was french toast with a side of scrambled eggs and this week’s hankering for breakfast food in the pm is bringing us the meal of the week.
Crust-less Spinach Quiche
For this recipe you will need:
DSC_0029 (2)
3 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened

1 cup fat-free milk
4 eggs
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 package of presliced fresh mushrooms
This is so easy it makes me smiles just thinking about it!!
In a large mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese, milk, eggs and pepper until smooth.
DSC_0031 (2)
Stir in remaining ingredients with a fork. Tip into a pan of your choice, my 8x13 Pyrex worked great – or you could put it into an actual quiche pan if you have one (I don’t….).
DSC_0033 (2)
Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
My substitutions:
This recipe is SOOOOooooooooo awesome because you can put whatever you want into it! If you want to add bacon bits, do it! If you want to add ham, do it! If you want to add more veggies, do it! Just make sure that you really do squeeze the spinach dry and drain any water from the veggies you add. I might add a little fresh garlic next time and maybe a little more pepper, but that’s what I love about this basic quiche recipe, you can play with it however you want!
This was so yummy, I can’t wait to eat the leftovers!
Happy Brinner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment