Wednesday, August 24, 2011

1, 2, 5, … 8, oh wait, what’s next?

I found this fabulous tutorial for making beanbags and had such a blast making them that I had to share. I think this would be a really fun way to learn to count, so I put numbers on mine. What I love about this process is how versatile it is! You could put shapes, numbers, letters, messages, or really anything on the bean bags - and they were SOOO easy to make. Unfortunately, because they have beans in them and can’t be washed I don’t really recommend them for children under 3. BUT! if you substitute the beans for plastic pony beads I think that would solve the problem.
DSC_0041
I also know that I don’t cut straight so instead of cutting the fabric out, I used pre-cut quilting squares from Jo-Anns. Enjoy!
Linked up to these parties!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! Would LOVE it if you would link this up to my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! ;) http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! So colourful. I have been meaning to make some for my boys... I like the number idea too. Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! i what to make some,

    would love it if you could share this post on my new link party, Serenity Saturday, over at www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Natasha! I will link up this weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi my girl will be four soon, so I guess it is time to start learning the numbers and counting. Thanks for sharing I will be making some soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. bean bags are FUN and I love the patterned fabric you used! :)

    Thanks for linking to the Sunday Showcase! Hope to see you again!

    Bern
    http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

    ReplyDelete