Friday, August 26, 2011

Meal of the Week 7: Pasta Salad

A summery Pasta Salad
Ingredients:
  • 1 bag multi-colored spiral pasta
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1 green pepper
  • 1/2 red onion
  • 1/2 bag shredded mozarella cheese
  • 1 cup Italian dressing
  • 2 T Italian seasoning
  • pepperoni or proscuitto
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional: black olives and/or cherry tomatoes
DSC_0003 (2)
I’ve never been a fan of cold pasta dishes, but my husband grew up with them as a staple summer time food so last night when he told me he was making dinner (never say no when your husband says he’s making dinner!) I asked him what he was going to make. “Pasta Salad” he replied. I was skeptical, but it was so yummy I’m sure I’ll let him make it again. You could also heat up leftovers for a quick and yummy hot lunch the day after.
Just boil the pasta as usual, chop up all the veggies, and toss with the dressing and spices. A perfect summer dinner or side.
Linked up to these parties

No comments:

Post a Comment