Thursday, October 6, 2011

charity: water fundraiser update

 

First of all, I want to say

 Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! to everyone who has donated to the campaign or helped us publicize it so far - we're doing great!!! We set our goal at $1500 and we're already over 60% of the way there!!! Thank you again!!!


If you haven't donated yet, but you want to, go here: <mycharitywater.org/changeisgood>

We still have another 6 weeks to go and another $600 to raise so I wanted to let you know about our plan.

I've written a couple of the local newspapers in Seattle so see if they'll do a story on charity: water. I haven't heard back, but I'm hopeful. This year's September campaign is going to make a big dent in the water crisis and I want to get the word out to as many people as possible. Please let me know if you'd be willing to contact your local paper for me to see if they will run a story for us. I have a press release and a press kit I can send you if you're interested. The Seattle papers have already run several stories in the last month or so on a little girl named Rachel who's legacy has raised over $1.26 million. While my measly $1500 is a far cry from a million, I'm hoping that my cause centric city will keep running stories on the water crisis anyways. Check out a national news spot on Rachel's story here - <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/02/in-death-rachel-beckwith-_n_916501.html>

I'm also selling hand crafted hair bows, headbands, and custom baby clothes on etsy to help raise money. You can check out my etsy page here: <http://www.ribbonsforgrace.etsy.com/>