Saturday, September 10, 2011

Water Event 1:Thankful for what I have… and I have way too much of it.

I was thinking last night about how wonderful it is that I don’t have to walk an hour with an empty jerry can to get water just so I can walk an hour back with a full can to wash my face, brush my teeth, cook my dinner, and then clean up from it.

WOW. I AM SO THANKFUL!

As I start looking around our little rental home I try not to think about the big house we gave up to move out here to Seattle. I really loved that home, but maybe a little too much. Living in this smaller (but really still quite large) duplex sometimes erks me and that reminds me of how thankful I should be for all that I have. I mean really, how selfish is it for me to be upset about a living room that doesn’t fit my furniture when there are 1 billion people in the world who don’t have clean water. Really? I make myself sick.

So, I’ve rummaged through my closet and found a bunch of stuff we never use anymore that is still in perfect working condition and I’ve posted it on craigslist for what I feel are fair prices. If you live within driving distance and are willing to come pick it up, (or don’t mind paying for shipping if you live far away..) I’ll give it to you for a donation to my charity:water campaign. It doesn’t need to be the price listed on craigslist, more is ok too! <wink wink>

Here’s the stuff I posted and the links to craigslist:

DSC_0025DSC_0018DSC_0015DSC_0004 (2)DSC_0014DSC_0009

I’m sure I’ll do another craigslist event next month. Help us out and spread the word. Smile-M

 

Update: Items are selling!!! Sweet!!!

Sold List:

DSC_0006 (2)DSC_0023DSC_0011DSC_0005 (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment