Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Why Water?

Charity:water’s founder, Scott Harrison, shares his story at Big Omaha. I love hearing the redemptive story of how a night club promoter goes from addict to organizer and starts changing the world. It you don’t have time to watch the whole video, scroll down and skim through the text.

http://www.charitywater.org/about/scotts_story.php

Unfortunately, for some reason I have trouble embedding vimeo videos, so you’ll have to go to the site to watch the video, but here’s my favorite quote from the transcript:

“The dictionary defines charity as simply the act of giving voluntarily to those in need. It's taken from the word "caritas," or simply, love. In Colossians 3, the Bible instructs readers to "put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness." Although I'm still not sure what that means, I love the idea. To wear charity.”

I hope you watch the video, it might just change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment